Sorry I have been a major slacker when it comes to this blog.
"Having three children is a lot like herding cats", I once heard and now am believing.
Even though I don't have any pictures I thought I would share with you a typical school day.
We have been "doing school" on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Monday we go to the library, and Friday we have gymnastics.
Here is the schedule we "try" to stick to, but of course it is not always perfect nor does it always get done how I think it should :O)
1. Wake. (Whenever they want, I think kids, and Mama's need as much sleep as possible.)
2. Get dressed and make your bed. (This we are working on and a lot of the time Daddy gives them breakfast and lets me sleep in)
3. Breakfast. (then clear your own plate and sweep up the floor, usually there is a fight over who gets the big broom:O)
4. Bible. (read the bible, or a children's bible, or like this morning a book about the Disciples.This is always first)
5. Math. (Usually Pre Math It, or sorting, or baking something)
6. History. ( thru literature, like right now we are reading Little House in the Big Woods.)
7. Writing. ( Working on Italics....I would wait on this, but Sinclair started without me :O)
8. Reading ( This morning we read Madeline, and The Carrot Seed)
That's all Folks :O)
Usually this can take anywhere from a half an hour to 3 hours depending upon Daisy's nap, and house work.
Also the girls help with house work, and then they have free time to play. And they play make believe all day, I love that!!! Right now we are on limited amounts of TV. We have a movie night once a week, and that keeps them happy, and they tend to fight less and they stop having nightmares when the TV is cut back.
Having said all this I reserve the right to change my mind on a number of things :O)
This is what works for us, and is not for everyone.
What is your typical day like?